MECC provides a number of support services for students. 学生 are encouraged to take advantage of our academic, 职业生涯, and other related support services to be successful. 的 MG冰球突破豪华版下载办公室, 提供职业生涯, 转移, 残疾, 测试和建议支持, 在霍尔顿大厅. 的 学生拓展和成功中心,which provides success coaching and advising to students in their program, 在霍尔顿大厅.
的 mission of Academic 建议 is to partner with students to help them define, plan and progress towards their educational goals by fostering independence, 为专业人士提供便利, supportive environment and promoting student development skills. 在一般情况下, all academic advisors assist students in selecting proper courses as related to their declared program, interpreting curriculum requirements and assessing academic progress. Academic advisors are familiar with the college and with the programs for which they advise. 的y can either answer questions directly, or direct students to the appropriate campus resource.
Specifically, your academic advisor can help you by providing:
- Academic planning assistance and guidance for course selection for upcoming semesters.
- Advice and planning during times of academic difficulty.
- Referrals to college or community resources.
You should visit with an academic advisor when you:
- Are a new student or a student returning after an absence of several years.
- Want to talk about courses, review your academic plan, or discuss graduation requirements.
- Need to discuss courses for the upcoming semester.
Visit either the Office of MG冰球突破豪华版下载 when you:
- Are non-degree seeking and want to discuss courses for the upcoming semester.
- Need help locating someone to talk to about community resources.
- Have questions about changing or adding additional programs.
职业服务 offers computerized 职业生涯 assessments and 职业生涯 planning to help students determine 职业生涯 goals and thus a college major. For additional details on services available, 访问www.作为国内.edu/职业生涯services. To schedule an appointment with a 职业生涯 counselor, visit 职业服务 located in the MG冰球突破豪华版下载办公室 in Holton Hall or call 276-523-9106.
有关更多信息，请访问 学生拓展和成功中心 地址在霍尔顿大厅，或拨打276.523.9105.
MECC offers a 健身中心 for students which includes free weights and cardio machines. 的 健身中心 is located on the first floor of Godwin Hall. For schedule information call 276-523-9108.
MECC’s 远大前程》 program is a statewide program that helps current and former foster youth between the ages of 13 and 24 gain access to a community college education and transition successfully to living independently by providing academic, 就业及支援服务. 欲了解更多信息，请访问 www.作为国内.edu/great-expectations.
Parking permits are available in the 书店, located in Holton Hall.
学生id can be obtained by visiting the 作为国内书店 located in Holton Hall.
For assistance with technology issues, including Canvas, 点击这里.
的 学生支援服务 Program is a 100% federally funded program designed to provide academic support services to students who meet eligibility requirements. 额外的辅导, 补充说明, and academic assistance is available to students not included in the SSS program, 免费. 学生 are welcome to visit 学习中心 located on the second floor of Godwin Hall. For more information on tutoring and academic assistance, contact 学习中心 电话276-523-9111或访问 www.作为国内.edu/tutoring.
冰球突破豪华版 programs are approved for enrollment of qualified veterans, 幸存者, 家属, 还有一些预备役军人.
- New students or new applicants should contact the 退伍军人事务主任 申请福利.
- Continuing students (those receiving benefits the previous semester) should contact the 退伍军人事务主任 每学期重新认证一次.
- Returning students (those who previously received benefits but have not attended the College for a semester or more) should contact the 退伍军人事务主任 重新开始福利.
To apply for veterans’ benefits while attending MECC or for more information on services provided to veterans, 参观 退伍军人事务主任, located in Robb Hall, or call 276-523-9028.